全英文聽力課程 (8-Week Live Course)
Course Title: Listening, Fast and Slow
Course access is free for English Ever After’s Platinum Members.
I will use TED Talks to teach you how to improve your listening skills.
This is a live course that lasts for 8 weeks:
– We will meet as a class for an hour online on Saturday mornings (10AM-11AM)
– The recording of each class will be made available by the evening. Under each lesson, there will also be a discussion area where you can ask relevant questions.
NOTE: You will continue to have access to the course recordings for a month after our course ends.
– Every week, you will have an assignment to complete, and timely submissions will receive personal feedback from me.
The course is divided into two main parts:
– Speeding Up (Top-Bottom Strategies)
We don’t always have the luxury of slowing down or repeating what’s been said. It is, therefore, critical for us to enhance our ability to pick up as much as we can within a limited time frame. Let’s learn to make the most of our skills in real time!
– Slowing Down (Bottom-Up Strategies)
During this stage we break free from the constraints of time and aim to be as thorough as we can in our listening endeavor. Through this practice, we can develop our attention to detail and pick up skills useful for further self-study.
Studies in Applied Linguistics have shown that both approaches are important for long-term success, and that is why we will rotate through fast and slow listening to become more strategic listeners.
11/6 Introduction to Listening Strategies
11/13 Fast Listening Strategies I
11/20 Slow Listening Strategies I
11/27 Fast Listening Strategies II
12/4 Slow Listening Strategies II
12/11 Fast Listening Strategies III
12/18 Slow Listening Strategies III
12/25 Becoming a Strategic Listener